When I made this I could NOT stop tasting it. I couldn’t stop! I was a FIEND!!
For the Superbowl, I decided that I was going to make pulled pork but I had one problem: I didn’t have any BBQ sauce for the pulled pork! I was way too lazy to go outside and buy some BBQ Sauce so I decided to make some at home. I found a base recipe and then went from there.
I cook by tasting. Meaning, I have a recipe that I use as a base and then I go from there, adding extra, taking away until it’s just how I like it. What you see below is what I’ve put together from memory after trying this recipe a couple of times. Sometimes I could be in the mood for more spice, more smokey, more sweet.
Go ahead and play~!
DD’s “Lick The Bowl” BBQ Sauce
- Ketchup (You don’t need to buy it! Make it yourself HERE. It’ll add to the flavor~!)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tsp all natural hickory liquid smoke (Colgin) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk all ingredients until smooth.
- Keep tasting and adding ingredients (extra garlic/honey/chili) it till you feel like it’s JUST RIGHT.
- Lose your soul to this delicious, bold, BBQ sauce