I love biscuits. I love them for breakfast. I love them for dinner — I just love them! Folks have asked me how I make my biscuits so I figured I would share my recipe.
I’ve been able to adapt this recipe for a Vegan and they still came out equally good.
- 2 cup · all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon · Baking powder
- 1 tablespoon · Sugar
- 1 cup · Milk
- ⅓ cup · Melted butter
- 1 teaspoon · Salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220 degrees C)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Gradually stir in milk until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Turn out onto a floured surface, and knead 15 to 20 times. Pat or roll dough out to 1 inch thick. Cut biscuits with a large cutter or juice glass dipped in flour. Repeat until all dough is used. Brush off the excess flour, and place biscuits onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges begin to brown
Makes about 6 Biscuits
Preparation time is 30 min
and plop it onto the baking sheet. Piece of cake and waaaay easier.
I like to eat these babies with a little butter and strawberry jam. Or cook up an egg and make a yummy egg sandwich. I also sometimes pack a biscuit in a tupperware, cover it in honey and, when I get to work, pop it in the microwave for a minute and BAM! Instant breakfast!
A couple of days ago I was CRAVING a Tres Leche slice of cake, so I decided to take a biscuit and make my own Tres Leche cake with some soy milk and a bit of frosting. Delicious.
Try out the recipe and let me know what you think! 🙂